Earth (Gaia) Systems as a System-of-Systems
This area is focusing on the United Nations Sustainability Development Goals and Kate Raworth's Models found in Doughnut Economics. This investigation builds on the following authors:
- Peter Checkland (Classification System and Human Activity Systems)
- Kate Raworth (Doughnut Economics and the Embedded Economy)
- Fritjof Capra (The Systems View of Life)
- Jeremy Rifkin (The Third Industrial Revolution)
- Amory Lovins (Reinventing Fire)
- and many, many more.
This exploration is focused on understanding the Earth Systems including those created by human activity. The model that has emerged from this exploration is as follows:
Embedded Economy model representing the Earth Systems
The following diagram highlights the relationship between the embedded economy and the doughnut. The systems in the embedded economy must change to restore planetary health.
Integration of the Embedded Economy and the Earth Systems
See the following:
Human Activity Infrastructure Services
More will follow soon